This is the first thing I’ve made from scratch in a long, long time: Broccoli and cauliflower mash for the fourth day of my 7-day detox! Woohoo! :O) We’re more than halfway through the detox now and I honestly don’t feel that starved or deprived of food. Of course, when I opened my cabinet this morning to find some cutlery, I noticed the stock of ready-to-make instant noodles and other miscellaneous food items that I could have dove into, but I’m used to the idea of eating just veggies/fruit now. 🙂
Recipe for making broccoli and cauliflower mash:
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 broccoli
- half an onion
- garlic (optional — I didn’t have any at home unfortunately)
- salt and pepper
- Wash and boil cauliflower, broccoli, and onion until just about soft.
- Drain water and let sit in pot for 10 minutes to let moisture to absorb back into cauliflower and broccoli.
- Use a potato masher or a blender to blend items until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Scoop into a pan into oven for baking.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Done! You can add garnish or top with more pepper if desired.
- Eat and enjoy! 🙂
**If you are not on a detox, you can add butter and/or cheese to this recipe! It will only make your dish more creamy and delicious.
Hahaha, and wow, there goes my very first recipe on stenoodie.com. I hope you guys enjoy this! I had some stir-fry veggies last night that were very tasty and filling too. When you eat a rainbow of veggies and fruits every day, you are ensuring that your colon is healthy and happy! 🙂
Other than feeling a little sleepy in the afternoons, the detox has been going well! There are only 3 days left. See you in tomorrow’s blog post. :O)