Destiny Asian Fusion

Mangocinno. $4.49

If you live in Markham, Richmond Hill, or Scarborough in the Greater Toronto Area, you already know what this restaurant is about:  Late night bubble tea affairs, unlimited wifi bandwidth, Asian snacks/noodles/rice, desserts, and even dim sum in the mornings.  Destiny‘s needs no introduction.  It is simply a popular spot to go for drinks to hang out with friends.

I’ll just do a simple blog post on it anyway for the sake of blogging about food. 🙂  After we had gone for our first-time play at ESC-IT this past weekend, a number of us gathered at Destiny’s to satisfy our stomachs after some major critical thinking skills (hah).  I’ve been to Destiny’s many times before.  They have a location in Scarborough at Silver Star and Midland and a bigger location in Richmond Hill at 165 York Boulevard.  The latter location is much more spacious and simply huge!

On this visit, I ordered an mangocinno and a much-liked popcorn chicken with rice.  I actually really enjoyed the mango-flavoured coffee that I had.  It looks non-caffeinated due to the yellow colour, but it was smooth and tasted great.

Popcorn Chicken with Rice. $7~

I’ve ordered the popcorn chicken combo with rice before.  It comes with a nice size salad as well.  The cup of rice is topped with some minced meat.  It was yummy.  The popcorn chicken is fried lightly and seasoned lightly as well.  Ever since I had the yummy popcorn chicken from Papa Chang’s though, I don’t think this can compare.  However, it was still a great dish.  *thumbs up*.

Destiny’s is not the only popular spot to hang out over bubble tea and wifi, there are other places like Green Grotto and Go for Tea too.  They’re all pretty similar in my books — Green Grotto serves less food choices though.

Destiny on Urbanspoon

Advertisements

About stenoodie

I'm a stenographer, foodie, avid traveller, and a really silly person if you get to know me well enough. =)
This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Destiny Asian Fusion

1. yumm!!! I wonder how their dim sum is like!
    I’m a sucker for crunchy dishes like popcorn chickens, wings, tempura….and this popcorn chicken looks so divine! 😀

• stenoodie says:

Me too!! I’m a sucker for popcorn chicken, popcorn shrimp, and things like that too! We have the same taste in food it seems! Hehe. I’ve never been there for dim sum either. I wonder if it’s good. 🙂

2. andy1076 says:

The popcorn chicken looks so good! We have a few restaurants that open late as well, Till the wee hours and some even 24 hours that serve HK style snacks as well 🙂

• stenoodie says:

Wow! Sounds like Vancouver has such a great nightlife! Do you have night markets every weekend? (I think I heard that you guys do!)

• andy1076 says:

Between May 9 – Sep 14 we have three night markets to choose from every weekend with TONS of food to try and the usual booths selling accessories etc, There’s also of course performances and game booths too.

Now, Once you are done shopping you can go to Kareoke and sing to your heart’s content until 4am or heck even 5 if you want to 😀

• stenoodie says:

Wow, yeah that’s what I had heard of! That’s amazing! In Toronto, we only have a scatter of night markets in the summertime for a few days at a time. It’s nowhere as impressive as having it every weekend like you guys. 🙂 You West Coast folks sure know how to partayyy! 😉

• andy1076 says:

We do try lol! In the summer, We have endless parties and events left right ‘n center and then in the winter we have the night life plus ski resorts. The only downside? Is dang you go broke fast. 😛

• stenoodie says:

Darn! You make it sound all too good! I need to visit Vancouver sometime soon! (Summer time though so that I can go to these weekend night markets! 🙂 )

• andy1076 says:

You’ll love it! It’s funny how some people even have a system, they go to the appetizers, Then to the main course and finally dessert. Afterwards, They will get what they want from the market and scoot off to the next to grab what they want from there. 😀

How about Toronto though? Big city must have lots of night life too 🙂

• stenoodie says:

Haha, no doubt. Toronto definitely has a great social scene and night life! Lots of bars, clubs, weekly events, and restaurants that feature food from all over the globe! Last weekend, we had the auto show and IceFest! Some say that you don’t have to leave Toronto to explore the world because we have such a multicultural feel to all of our restaurants. 🙂

• andy1076 says:

I’d be a foodie in training in Toronto then huh? lol! The icefest sounds really interesting 🙂

• stenoodie says:

Haha, let’s just say there’s so much to learn about in regards to food no matter where you’re at in the world! 🙂

Yeah, it does! I wasn’t able to go this year, but I’m definitely going to look out for it next year! Apparently this was their 9th annual IceFest!

• andy1076 says:

Have Japanese and really good spicy foods? will travel! that’s how it is for me. 😀

• stenoodie says:

We have a TON of Japanese restaurants all over the place! So much so that you really have to find the right one for the best sushi/sashimi and that coveted spicy salmon salad (!!) 😀 We also have a lot of Vietnamese pho places too!

• andy1076 says:

I take it you’ve yet to find the spicy sashimi dish? 🙂 What’s your favorite pho? we have quite a few here but only a handful make good ones sigh!

On the bucket list though, Icefest is so definitely on it along with all of the East Coast 😀

• stenoodie says:

Yes, sigh. I still haven’t found it yet. I’m actually planning to go to Guu this weekend. I know you already said that they don’t have it on the Toronto menu, but regardless, I’m looking forward to some good grub and my eyes are still kept open for the spicy salmon salad.

My absolute favourite pho place in Toronto has got to be the one called Vietnam Noodle Star. (blog here: http://bit.ly/1gFn6lQ) They simply make the freshest and smoothest pho with the best tasting raw beef!

Have you been to Toronto ever?

• andy1076 says:

Guu has never let me down, It’s always been consistently good food no matter what time I went, BUT! I’m ready to try something different, like Fugu 😉 I really hope you find a bowl of spicy sashimi though, it’s addictive 😀

Going to read your post rite now 😀

• stenoodie says:

Oh, what’s Fugu? Is it similar to Guu? Oh, wait, I just Googled it. It’s a type of fish lol…

Thanks for reading! 😀

• andy1076 says:

Ya, it’s puffer fish, Chefs go for training to slice it right so that the venom is removed and I’m told that it’s quite the experience 😀

• stenoodie says:

Wow, that sounds like a treat! Fugu, got to remember that one. 🙂

• andy1076 says:

Just remember, most people wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole but hey you only live once! as the saying goes. 😀

• stenoodie says:

Lol, what’s wrong with this fish? Is it poisonous?

• andy1076 says:

Extremely, When not prepared properly the toxin can paralize you within seconds. But! apparently there’s quite the experience and feeling when you have it prepared right, There are only two restaurants in Vancouver that I know of with chefs who are trained. 😀

• stenoodie says:

Wow! I didn’t know about this lol. That is truly something. No wonder you wanted to try it! 🙂 You are an adventurous eater!

• andy1076 says:

Just like your Alaskan king crab post! YOLO lol! gotta make the most of it right? 😀

Haha, yes! You got it! 😉

btw, just Googled icefest, wow! I want to go! :O

• stenoodie says:

Haha, another bucket list item for you! 🙂

3. Pingback: The Montreal Deli and Greek Grill | stenoodie