This is the obligatory blog post that summarizes my year in 2013:
– First off, 2013 was definitely a year of travel. I visited:
- Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Jia Men, China in February-March
- Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, and Shandong in China in July
- Nashville, Tennessee in August
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in December
– I started this blog! Best decision I ever made because it’s led me to my very first CART job, my first restaurant complimentary tasting, and lots of joy in recording my travels, food adventures, steno experiences, and everything in between.
– I moved. I moved away from the home that I grew up in for 20 years to another one. Fresh start. Fresh chapter of life. 🙂
– I became a working stenographer. For the past 6 years, this was what I wanted to do; it was the career that I was working towards, and finally, it happened this year. 🙂 Big smiles all around.
– I started working out. I’ve been attending Zumba classes weekly ever since it captured my heart in May. I did my first 5k run and then another one. I did a series of fitness classes with my friends at Flirty Girl Fitness, completed my first beginner pole dancing classes, and various other fitness class try-outs.
Yada-yada, you know what they say about being thankful for this year and learning a lot from your experiences and then looking forward to the new year and what it brings. I don’t need to repeat all of that even though I really just did. 😉 I’m just looking forward to more experiences in the new year and living life. Simple. 🙂