Dim Sum at Golden Court Abalone Restaurant

Located at 270 West Beaver Creek Road in Richmond Hill

I’ve heard a lot of great things about this Chinese restaurant, one of which is that this place is so good that it’s worth its high price point.  I heard from a friend a long time along that his cousin got married here and the food was amazing and it was well worth the bills to eat here.  Thus, I had very high expectations of this restaurant.

When I walked into Golden Court Abalone Restaurant, I saw nothing spectacular.  It was just a Chinese restaurant to me where all of the tablecloths were bright yellow in colour.  Perhaps this has to do with the “golden” aspect of the restaurant name.  My family and I picked dim sum to eat from the dim sum order sheet.  Considering it’s such a highly renown restaurant, I also expected the service to be very professional and attentive.  The service was neither.  It was quite disappointed.  One very good thing that I loved about the restaurant was that they offered free wifi. 😀

Dim sum order sheet

Here’s a roster of all the food we ordered.  Everything tasted average and was nothing out of the ordinary.  The only dim sum I really can comment on were the shrimp dumplings where the skin of the dumpling was extremely soft and chewy.  It was really well made!

Japanese Style Eel Pastry

Fried Eggplant & Tofu Stuffed with Shrimp Paste

Tiger Shrimp Dumpling “Har Gow”

Deep Fried Fish Ball with Clam Sauce

Deep Fried Veal Ribs, Korean Style

Steamed Beef Double Tendon

Steamed Duck Web with Fungus

Steamed Pork Dumpling “Siu Mai” with Shrimp Paste

Steamed Bean Curd Sheet Roll with Oyster Sauce

Pastry with Thousand Year Old Egg

I’ve yet to see what is the type about this restaurant.  Perhaps at night when they serve dinner and hold wedding banquets, the food and atmosphere are entirely different.  Who knows.  I’ll have to dine here again for dinner to find out. 🙂

Golden Court Abalone on Urbanspoon

Advertisements

About stenoodie

I'm a stenographer, foodie, avid traveller, and a really silly person if you get to know me well enough. =)
This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Dim Sum at Golden Court Abalone Restaurant

1. andy1076 says:

The fried eggplant and tofu looked interesting, never seen those before I love all the other ones too! yummy! 🙂

• stenoodie says:

Wow, I’m surprised you haven’t seen this dish before. This dish is pretty popular in dim sum. 🙂 Another dish to try! 😀

• andy1076 says:

lol one of many many! I have yet to receive the pills too, dang. Hope they come soon so I can see how well it works for me and start trying new dishes 🙂

• stenoodie says:

It should take 2-3 business days. You should receive it by the end of this week!! We have a warehouse in Brampton which is 30 minutes drive from where I am. I’m not sure where the warehouse in Vancouver is… so I think that factors into how long it takes to ship to your place. Did you get an e-mail that it started shipping yet? It should have a tracker for it. 🙂

• andy1076 says:

Yups! I got the confirmation, not sure where it’s shipping from exactly though. But! if it arrives on Friday it’ll be perfect cause I’ll be able to see its effects over a full week 🙂

• stenoodie says:

Yay! Nice! Maybe it’ll be a nice surprise and even arrive by today! Let’s see! 😀

• andy1076 says:

That would be great! 🙂

• stenoodie says:

Let me know. I usually am very happy about how fast they ship things! 🙂

2. Pingback: Fav Café | stenoodie