Thank you Maiu for nominating me and thank you to Dear Kitty for creating this award. This is the first blog award I’ve received and it’s a pleasure to connect with other fellow bloggers in this cyber community. 🙂
I happily accept this award.
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time, or don’t accept awards, etc.):
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.)
~ ~ ~
Maiu’s 7 questions are:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I wanted a more “permanent” place to store my memories and adventures in travelling and personal thoughts. I had just come back from a trip to Asia when I realized that I didn’t want to just post photos in albums on my Facebook anymore. I felt like there was a disconnect with the people who were viewing my photos and me. Thus — especially after following an influential blogger for a while — I decided to start my own blog.
2. How did you decide on your blog name?
This came very easily to me. I was Googling “what to name your blog” a day before I launched my blog and stumbled upon an article that had many ideas. One of the ideas was to combine your two passions into one to form a unique name. Since my passions are “stenography” and being a “foodie”, I mashed the two words together. Thus, “stenoodie” was born. I am lucky to have come up with this creative name and I find it useful to not have to “compete” with others for it when registering a new social media account or e-mail — no one else would use “stenoodie” unless they happen to be a foodie stenographer too! 😛
3. Which subject gets the most views in your blog?
My “What is steno?” page gets the most views consistently. It has to do with the fact that my blog name starts with “steno”! (Thus, Google will rank your page higher when the title of your blog also is the same as the keyword being searched.)
4. If you had a chance to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’ve only lived in Toronto, Canada for the majority of my life so I don’t know what it would be like to live elsewhere. If I were to choose, I would remain here because I like the four seasons, the fact that it is a major city with lots of food options, entertainment, and activities to do all year-round. I also like cooler climates so I don’t mind that we only receive about three months or so of hot weather.
5. What is the most interesting food that you have ever tasted?
I have had alligator meat. I have eaten crickets and insects before too. I can’t think of an “interesting food” at the moment. I love unique dishes though! Perhaps an interesting one is where there’s some interaction involved like when you smash open a chocolate sphere to reveal ice cream inside. 🙂
6. What is your biggest regret?
I don’t truly believe in having regrets because I think that everything in life happens for a reason. When you make that decision and it happens, it is part of your life and you will always learn something from it; whether it is good or bad. However, I do have one experience in life that I wish I did not have (although it wouldn’t have formed the more assertive person I am today). This would be the time when I joined a network marketing company for 2.5 years of my life. I regret it because through the journey and the cascade of events, I lost a handful of friends and ruined my personal image and reputation with acquaintances and distant friends. It also held me back from pursuing my career for a while. (I talk about my experience in a lengthy blog post here.)
7. Who has influenced you the most throughout your life?
The biggest influence for me in my life is my mom. She’s the one who has been there for me all these years, loved me, supported me, guided me, mentored me. I don’t have anyone else (in terms of deliberate choosing or not) who has influenced me as much as she has.
~ ~ ~
My nominees are:
My questions to the nominees are:
- Why did you start your blog?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What is your most terrifying experience?
- What is your biggest regret?
- If you had 24 hours left to live, how would you spend it?
- Who has influenced you the most throughout your life?
Thank you for reading! I look forward to reading the nominees’ posts (if they choose to accept the award). 🙂